What is a Wireless Network?
It is a number of computers and devices connected together through Wireless connection via a Router to share information and to transmit data between them or for using the internet by many users using a single internet source.
What are the benefits of using a Wireless network?
- Simplify the network physical installation (where no cables needed to be installed).
- Having the network signal everywhere without being restricted to specific cable terminal locations.
- Increasing the number of users is so easily.
- It reduces the building’s networking overall cost comparing with the wired network.
What are the wireless network components?
There are basically four components:
- Modem: To provide the Internet to this network.
- Wireless Router: To provide the network to the local network end points such as computers, laptops, printer …. Etc.
- Cables: To connect the Router to the Modem and to configure the Router as well.
- Wireless adapter: In case your computer doesn’t have a built in wireless component you have to have a Wireless Adapter.
What is the structure of building a wireless network?
1. The Modem receives the internet data signals from your ISP (Via ADSL line, cable Modem, wireless connection…etc) and convert and transmit those data to the Wireless Router via a Network cable.[scheaven_infobox color=”grey” width=”100″ align=”left” icon=”info2″]Note: The Modem is transforming the Internet data signals from one medium (such as a ADSL connection medium) to an Ethernet medium (or we can call it LAN which is a network type used normally for home networks which is the abbreviation of Local Area Network) to make the data understandable for the computers and the devices.[infoclose color=”grey”]
2. The Wireless Router receives those data signals and transmits them to all the network terminals via wireless network medium.[scheaven_infobox color=”grey” width=”100″ align=”left” icon=”info2″]Note: You can setup your wireless network without a Wireless Router in case if your Modem has a Router capabilities like the most of the new internet Modems.[infoclose color=”grey”]
3. The network terminals such as Computers and laptops have Wireless Adapters which communicate to the wireless network and complete the connection with the Wireless Router.
What are the benefits of having a Wireless Router in my network?
Off course the below points would fit the case if your Modem is not a Router or your Router has no Wireless capabilities:
- The dedicated Wireless Router will provide more security to your network hence it will work as a hardware firewall between your local network and the Internet line.
- Your network connectivity signal strength will be more powerful especially when you purchase a Router with two antennas.
- It’s more reliable to use a dedicated Router.
What are the things I have to take in consideration when building my own home wireless network in structure perspectives?
Before starting the Wireless network implementation you have to study the locations where you want the wireless signal to reach and to take the considerations on some important points:
1. When purchasing network devices such as Routers, wireless Access Points, wireless adapters…etc it’s better to choose their brands as the same brand for better compatibility and performance, you can choose equipment that supports three different wireless networking technologies: 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g. Basically we recommend choosing 802.11g, because it offers excellent performance and is compatible with almost everything.[scheaven_infobox color=”grey” width=”100″ align=”left” icon=”info2″]Note: Those different types of wireless networking technologies are referring to the IEEE standards which different amendments have implemented during the past years to enhance the Wireless technology performance in thier standards.[infoclose color=”grey”]
2. When purchasing a Wireless Router try to choose the one with two antennas for better signal strength and communication speed.
3. The Wireless network is affected by the Microwave devices and wireless devices such as a cordless handy phone so it’s better to prevent putting the wireless access points or wireless Routers near such devices and better to choose frequency bands which are different than the ones used by the cordless telephone, also the Wireless Networks affected by some kind of materials such as foils, hence all of the mentioned devices and materials would make an attenuation to the Wireless Networking signals and will reduce or might block the signal.
4. The Security of your Wireless network is the most important issue you have to take care about, if your Wireless network is not secured your neighbors might use your internet without your consent.
5. The location of your Wireless Router should be placed on a place where the signal can reach almost everywhere in your house equally, such location might be in the middle of the house or in a middle floor.
6. If you want to install a wireless network in a huge building you can simply use the Wireless Access points to extend the Wireless signals everywhere.
If your computer is slow to start, it may be damaged by malware or have too many startup programs. or you may have a hardware or software problem. Some Windows have very impressive startup times,...
Online banking is quick and easy. This is why it is so well-liked by people all around the world. Online payments can also cause trouble. You should take security measures for online banking. Hackers...