What is latest version of Windows?
Many people over the Internet are asking this question specially for those who are not using Microsoft Windows or not the fans of it, so the answer for the “What is latest version of Windows?” question is Windows 8.
Microsoft has released recently their Windows 8th version which grabbed all people attention because of its new style in terms of visual interface or technical programming unlike Microsoft previous windows versions, it offers the user two interface designs at the same time one for the tablets and the other one for desktops and laptops.
Installation of Microsoft Windows 8
Microsoft has put buying the latest version of Windows in several ways and at a very reasonable prices.
- Can be upgraded from previous windows versions such as Windows xp, Win Vista and Win 7 at a price of almost 40$ from a Windows 8 upgrading dedicated version only.
- Upgrading from Windows 7 after purchasing a laptop during June 2012 directly from Microsoft.com for only 15$.
- Installing fresh copy of Windows 8 by purchasing the complete Windows 8 version DVD from the market for only 70$
The Installation process of Windows 8 is extremely easy as its initial steps are similar to those of Windows Vista or Windows 7, in addition to that Microsoft has simplified the process of choosing and selecting options, and the installation ends by selecting the windows 8 theme colors for each user you are defining.
Windows 8 hardware requirements
Any PC or laptop operates Windows Vista or Windows 7 is sufficient to operates Windows 8, and to be more detailed the minimum hardware requirements are below:
- CPU: 1 GHz or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2
- RAM: 1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- HD space: 16 GB for (32-bit) or 20 GB for (64-bit)
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
Brand new Windows 8 Interface design overview
When Windows 8 starts and you log into it, the first thing you will see is the new Metro interface, the Metro interface is designed to put all the high priority applications in the form of blocks in different sizes and colors which you may modify both, this interface is so useful and easy to use specially if you have a touch monitor (which is basically designed for) or even if you are using a normal mouse, you may add any application you use normally into the metro space.
Also, the old desktop interface is still there in case if you feel more comfortable using it by waving away the metro interface and you will find yourself as you are using Windows 7 desktop again within the latest version of windows.
One of the advantages of the new design is Charm bar you can find when you move the mouse in the upper right corner or the lower one of the screen, it provides you everything you need, it also gives you the ability to access the device setting and other applications in addition to share content in the social networks and view alerts and read the time and lots of other features.
Another easy way to see what applications are currently opened is located on the left side bar when you move the mouse pointer in the upper left corner of the screen you can see them there and directly can be accessible.
Another new feature the metro interface is offering are the applications alerts or updates, such as twitter or any other applications, and you can set for how many alerts to show up to 7 alerts.
Windows 8 built-in applications
The latest version of windows offer some additional useful apps that an average user may use on daily basis, some of those applications are listed below:
- Email application: A simple email application for your email usage.
- People application: This application will grab all your information from Google, Microsoft, twitter, facebook and Linkdin.
- Messenger application: Provides you the ability to connect and use your facebook and Microsoft.
- New Internet explorer: Internet explorer version 10, the best explorer programmed by Microsoft by far.
- Calendar application: With a simple interface you can connect and use some third parity accounts such as Google account.
- Reader application: Use this application to read your PDF format files.
- Music application: Use this application to buy music from the Internet and also listen to music locally saved on your device.
- Weather application: Display live weather within the metro interface in a wonderful design.
- Bing Maps application: Using this app you can view Bing Maps with some awesome features like viewing the traffic maps and the navigation as well.
- Sky Drive application: A service to store your files in the clouds servers within your account by using this app.
- Pictures application: to view your photos stored locally, on facebook or from your Sky drive account remotely.
New Microsoft Windows 8 Store
One of the most useful services Microsoft has produced with the release of Microsoft Windows 8 is the Store application.
The store app provides you the flexibility to download for free and/or purchase any application or game directly from the new Microsoft Store (just like apple store) and with a simple click, and also gives you the ability to set an option of updating the downloaded apps directly and automatically without worrying about the new releases.
The Store app show you all needed details regarding the applications you are willing to download such as information about the apps, size of the desired app, and to get further information for how this application will act in your operating system in terms of technical.
Conclusion regarding the latest version of Windows
Microsoft Windows 8 is the best release by far in terms of design, flexibility, features, compatibility, technicality ….etc, at first you may find it difficult to use the new metro interface but over time in a matter of days you will master it and love it, even you will stop using the old fashion desktop interface as the new one is more flexible.
There might be some minor defects in Windows 8 but as usual we will see improvements in every system update.
What Is A Graphic Card? A graphics card is a PC expansion card that is responsible for displaying images on the screen. High-end GPUs are used in gaming, ray tracing, graphics creation, and even...
It's nearly impossible to function these days without access to wireless internet. People utilize Wi-Fi for everything from enjoyment to reaching their goals all across the world. As a result,...