What is sharing?
A service in Microsoft Windows enables dedicated files to be visible and accessible to other computers on a network.
What is the benefit of Sharing?
If this service is enabled, you can access other’s dedicated files, hard disk drives or to print documents using a printer connected to one PC in the network using any other computers on the same network.
How to enable Sharing on my computer?
First of all you need to check if this feature is installed on your Windows or not in order to enable it, to do that follow the below steps:
- Click on Start menu, select Control Panel, and then double click on the Network Connections Icon
- Double click on the network card icon (you’re using for your network)
- In the dialogue box click on properties
- On the next screen you should check if “File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks” is enabled
If it’s not there, you have to install it by following the steps below:
- Click on install button
- Select Service & click on Add button
- Select “File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks” & click Ok
This article also available for :
What Is A Graphic Card? A graphics card is a PC expansion card that is responsible for displaying images on the screen. High-end GPUs are used in gaming, ray tracing, graphics creation, and even...
It's nearly impossible to function these days without access to wireless internet. People utilize Wi-Fi for everything from enjoyment to reaching their goals all across the world. As a result,...