What is the CD key?
The CD key (sometimes called the product key) is located on the back cover of your Microsoft Windows CD as shown in the picture which is a unique number for your Windows version.
Windows CD key is so important which without it no one would be able to install or to re-install Microsoft Windows.
What if I lose my Windows CD key ????
If you lose this key don’t panic, there are some tools and software that can retrieve it back to you (In case you want to re-format your current Windows), but if you lost it before a new fresh Windows installation you have to purchase a new Windows key.
How can I retrieve back my CD key from my current Windows?
Fortunately you can get it back by special software and in my opinion I found Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder v2.0.1 is one of the most FREE powerful and easy to use tool, it support both Windows XP and Vista and has a lot of features like:
- Office 2007 & Windows Vista support!
- An optional config file – this functionality lets you pull a key stored in the registry for any software. A sample config file is included in the zip and can be seen here: keyfinder.cfg
- Command line options – /save /savecsv /close /hive /file
- Load Hive option – allows you to load the registry hive of another Windows installation. To use, put the hard drive in a working machine (must also be Windows 2000,XP or Vista) or use Windows PE (not tested, should work) and click Load Hive. Then point it to the dead Windows install. If you’re using Windows Vista, Administrator rights are required for this feature. You may have to right click on the Keyfinder and run as Administrator.
- Improved Save & Print! – save & print options will now include all keys. Save is also available in text or CSV.
The original website is https://www.magicaljellybean.com/
Click on the button below to start your FREE download