What is the Content Advisor?
A Windows built-in tool that gives the ability to the parents to control the web browsing limitations for securing their children and family from seeing information with violent or sexual content.
What are the features of Content Advisor?
- Provides Limit Access to websites.
- You can create a list of safe Web sites that can always be viewed by your family.
- You can create a list of disapproved Web sites.
- Block all bad language, nudity, sexual, violence websites …etc.
- The content Advisor is protected by parent’s password.
How the Content Advisor work?
Every time the children tries to open a particular website, a small dialogue box (Content Advisor box) will appear asking to provide the parent’s password to give the permission to access that site, However if the requested website is in the pre-approved list there would be no password request.
How to open the Content Advisor interface?
- Going to the Internet Explorer Tools menu, then click Internet Options.
- Click the Content tab.
How to Activate the Content Advisor?
- Click the Enable button
- Click the General tab in the Content Advisor box, and then click the Create Password button, and type the same password again in the Confirm Password box.
- In the Hint box, type a hint that makes you remember your password, and then click OK.
How to Limit the Access to Web Sites using Content Advisor?
The first thing you should do is to activate the Content Advisor (as mentioned earlier) and then:
- Open the Internet Explorer Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- Click the Content tab, and then click the Settings button.
- You will be prompted for the Supervisor password. Enter your password then OK.
- In the Content Advisor box, click the Approved Sites tab.
- Type the Web address that you want to allow or disapprove in the field for Allow this Web site.
- Click the Always button to add the site to your list of approved Web sites. Or you can click the Never button to restrict access to the site. To remove a site from your list of approved and disapproved sites, click the site name, and then click the Remove button.
- Click OK.
For those who prefer video tutorials, watch Firas show you how to deal with Content Advisor in the below video: