Sharing Files,folders and Partitions
Through sharing files and folders users (locally or remotely) can access these files, Local users log on to your computer directly through their own accounts or through a Guest account. Remote users connect to your computer over the network and access the files that are shared on your computer.
What is the Simple File Sharing?
It is the way the sharing properties interface represented, by default this option turned on; it is located only in Windows XP versions. In Windows 7 and Vista, the simple and advanced options of Files Sharing are shown on the same location.
How can we turn on or off the Simple File Sharing option?
Simply by following the below steps:
- Double click My Computer icon
- Click on the Tools menu and select Folder options
- Under the view tab, tick the check box of “Use simple file sharing (recommended)” then click ok.
How can I share a file, folder or a Hard Disk partition?
Sharing a file or a Hard Disk partition is the same concept, you just follow the simple steps below :
File, Folder and partitions Sharing for Windows XP:
- Right click on the desired file and select “Sharing and security” or click on Properties then select the Sharing tab
- You will find two sections in the next window, the first one is the “Local Sharing and Security” and the second one is “Network Sharing and Security”.
- The first section designed to be used only for local users by dragging and dropping the file into the Shard document folder (as shown in the picture below) and the second one is designed to be used by the remote users over a network.
- Click on “Share this folder on the Network” and give a name for this sharing (e.g. my daily updates).
- If you want to let the users to modify the shared file content you can simply tick the below option of the same window “Allow Network Users to change my files”
- Click on apply then Ok.
After upgrading to Microsoft Windows 10 a certain common issue raised for many Microsoft Outlook users and for different versions of Outlook where Outlook is not able to send emails while it can...
What is the internet? What is the internet? The internet in a simple term is a group of millions of computers and devises that are connected and communicated to each other using a technology called...