Shutdown and Restart shortcuts !
Did you know that you can create two shortcuts on your desktop for shutdown and restart for quick execution process ?? Many people add those shortcuts on their desktops as they feel its more convenient to shutdown or restart their PCs quickly.
Are those shortcuts applicable for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7?
Yes, you can apply the below steps on whatever Windows version mentioned above you are using.
How can I add Shutdown and Restart shortcut icons on my desktop?
For the Shutdown shortcut icon, follow the below steps:
- Right click on Desktop.
- Select New, then click on Shortcut.
- Type shutdown -s -t 00 in the location field and click Next:
- Type the name of your Shortcut (you can erase the ,exe from the name).
- Click on Finish and the shortcut now is ready.
You may refer to the below codes for customizable shutdown:
- To force the running applications to shutdown shutdown -f
- To log off the current user shutdown -l
- This one as used to put duration delay before shutdown shutdown -t nn *nn is the time in seconds.
- To display a message in the System Shutdown windows, max 127 characters and must be enclosed in quotation marts shutdown -c “message”
Those can be used also for the restart shortcuts.
How can I change the icon of this shortcut?
You can change the resulted icon to make it more identifiable from the others… follow the below steps:
- Right click on “shutdown.exe” icon.
- Click on Properties.
- Click the Change Icon button.
- If you receive the below message, click on OK.
- Select any Icon you like and click on OK button.
- Click Ok again.
- Now you have the final shutdown shortcut icon.