Download Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Finally you can download Windows 7 Service Pack 1, this is the first Service Pack has released since Windows 7 became out.
What is a Service Pack mean?
A Service Pack is a software update package (in our case the software is Windows 7) that enhances the current Windows version and also fixing any bugs or issues in the operating system as well as increasing the system security and enhance the performance.
How many versions of Windows Service Pack available?
There are two versions, one for 32-bit system and the other for 64-bit system, both are compatible with all Windows 7 versions.
How to know which Windows Version currently I’m using?
You can follow the steps in my previous tutorial Windows XP SP3 to identify which system your computer is.
What updates this service pack includes?
It contains the below:
- Windows security updates.
- Windows performance stability updates.
- Remote FX for improved 3-D graphical experience.
- Improvements to features and services in Windows 7.
- Some other updates.
How many methods for installing the Windows 7 SP1?
- Using the Windows Update (recommended)
- Using a stand alone SP1 file downloaded from Microsoft Website.
- Using a SP1 DVD for installation in case you have it.
What should I know before installing Windows 7 SP1?
You have to take the below points in consideration:
- Your Microsoft Windows 7 copy should be genuine.
- Uninstall any pre-released SP1 “if any” before installing the final release version of SP1.
- Check if you have already SP1 installed via automatic updates “so you don’t need to install it again”.
- If you’re using a laptop, connect it to an AC electrical outlet during installation.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus program, and be sure to re-enable it after the service pack is installed.
- Back up your important files to an external location “just in case”.
- Be sure to have enough disk space.
Note: If you have Automatic updates enabled you may check whether SP1 is installed or not on your system by following the below steps:
- Click the Start button.
- Right-click Computer.
- Click on Properties.
If Service Pack 1 is listed under Windows edition, then SP1 is already installed on your computer.
How much disk space required for the installation of Windows 7 SP1?
It depends on which version of Windows 7 is installed on your system like 32-bit or 64-bit, and also on the method that you are planning to use to install the SP1.
Refer to the below table for more information about the sizes:
How to download Windows 7 Service Pack 1?
To Download Windows 7 Service Pack 1, you may refer to the below buttons representing Windows 7 SP1 direct links according to your system type:
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for 32-bit system direct download link from Microsoft:
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for 64-bit system direct download link from Microsoft:
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for (32-bit and 64-bit) system DVD iso file direct link from Microsoft: