Sharing Files,folders and Partitions:
Through sharing files and folders users (locally or remotely) can access these files, Local users log on to your computer directly through their own accounts or through a Guest account. Remote users connect to your computer over the network and access the files that are shared on your computer.
What is the Simple File Sharing?
It is the way the sharing properties interface represented, by default this option turned on; it is located only in Windows XP versions. In Windows 7 and Vista, the simple and advanced options of Files Sharing are shown on the same location. [scheaven_infobox color=”grey” width=”100″ align=”left” icon=”info2″]Note: If you turn off Simple File Sharing, you will be having more control over the permissions to individual users (local or remote users). However, you must have advanced knowledge of NTFS and share permissions to help keep your folders and files more secure.[infoclose color=”grey”]
How can we turn on or off the Simple File Sharing option?
Simply by following the below steps:
- Double click My Computer icon
- Click on the Tools menu and select Folder options
- Under the view tab, tick the check box of “Use simple file sharing (recommended)” then click ok.
[scheaven_infobox color=”grey” width=”100″ align=”left” icon=”info2″]Note: If you turn off Simple File Sharing option, the Shared Documents feature is not turned off, which you can use it to share the specified files with no advanced options.[infoclose color=”grey”]
How can I share a file, folder or a Hard Disk partition?
Sharing a file or a Hard Disk partition is the same concept, you just follow the simple steps below:
File, Folder and partitions Sharing for Windows Vista:
- Right click on the desired file and select “Share” or click on Properties then select the Sharing tab
- Select a user from the drop down menu, hence you can select create user to create a new windows user and share this file with him and click on ok.
[scheaven_infobox color=”grey” width=”100″ align=”none” icon=”info2″]Note: If your computer is on a workgroup, you have the option of turning password protection on or off. If password protection is turned on, the person you are sharing with must have a user account and password on your computer in order to access the files and folders you are sharing. You can turn password protection on or off in the Network and Sharing Center.[infoclose color=”grey”]
- Wait for a second and then press the Done button.
- If you want to share a whole Hard disk partition, just right click on the desired partition and select Sharing.
- Then click on Advance button.
- Then, select “Share this folder”, and type a Share name (e.g.my files), then click on Apply and Ok.
This article also available for:
If your computer is slow to start, it may be damaged by malware or have too many startup programs. or you may have a hardware or software problem. Some Windows have very impressive startup times,...
Online banking is quick and easy. This is why it is so well-liked by people all around the world. Online payments can also cause trouble. You should take security measures for online banking. Hackers...