Normally we install Microsoft Windows on Drive C, and when Windows is crashed we start clamoring for how to get our files that stored on our desktop or other locations on C drive such as my documents … etc, and even if the operating system installed on other partition rather than C.
To be on safe side, by default you may not store your important files on desktop or other locations on C drive, and thats why I mentioned in one of my old tutorials “How to partition the Hard Disk Drive” that partitioning the Hard Disk Drive is important and has lots of benefits which has already been listed in that tutorial, and also you may change the My Documents folder location from the C drive into other drive in order to store your files on other drive..
So, in case if you haven’t done that before and you searched google and found this page because you have experienced the Windows Crash and want to know how to backup your files to other partition I found a very simple and useful tool that is called Puppy Linux, this tool will operate your computer from a CD or flash drive using Linux Operating system interface so you can deal with all your backups easily … don’t say I don’t know Linux, it is so simple interface and so close to the Windows GUI, This software is very easy to use even your grandmother could set it up and use it.
How Puppy Linux works?
It simply boots from a CD/DVD disc to which its ISO file has been written/burned, or from USB flash drive, It is not installed on your computer’s hard disk drive and records nothing on that drive unless you ask it to be installed there (as Windows itself is). It runs in the computer’s RAM memory and gives you the whole operating system interface from there.
How to download Puppy Linux ?
You can download the Puppy Linux tool from the below button which will get the downloaded file directly from its developer https://puppylinux.org/.
How to burn and use Puppy Linux?
- First you need to download the ISO file from the download button above, the file will be named as pup-431.iso.
- You need to use a burning software, if you don’t have you can download the FREE version of Ashampoo Burning Studio v6 from the below button:
After downloading the Ashampoo Burning Studio 6, follow the below steps:
- Insert a blank CD into your writable DVD drive.
- Open Ashampoo Burning Studio 6.
- Hover your mouse pointer over “Create/Burn Disc Images”
- Select “Burn a CD/DVD/Blue-ray Disc from a Disc Image”.
- Browse and select the pup-431.iso file you’ve just downloaded and click on Next.
- If your CD is blank, it will show you the green remark, click on Write CD to burn the file in the CD and complete the process.
After completing the burning process, follow the below steps to execute the pup-431.iso from the CD (This will take around two minutes to be completed):
- Reboot your computer and make the CD drive is your first bootable option from the BIOS. (a very simple step, to learn more please visit Windows XP installation process page)
- Save your new BIOS settings by pressing F10 and click on Yes to confirm.
- Wait for a moment, the first interface will be shown as below.
- Wait a moment until the tool contents extracted into the RAM.
- Select your language and hit the Enter key (In my case I’ve selected the USA option).
- Confirm your language and hit the Enter key.
- Confirm your location and click on the Enter key.
- Press Enter to select Xorg and continue, if you face issues try to reselect the other option Xvesa.
- Using the keyboard arrows select Test and press Enter to let the system locate the best Video resolution to be working with.
- Now if you have a USB or PS/2 mouse in your computer, simply hit enter, if you have a serial mouse (the old type mouse) you have to select the other option ‘Change_mouse’ and hit Enter.
- If the test succeeded (which is most probably) a confirmation as below will be shown.
- Hit the enter key, to confirm the finishing of the test.
- Hit enter to start the Puppy system desktop.
- And as you can see now its ready for you to do what ever you need to do with your files like transfer them from one location to another, remember that in Windows we use double click to open a file or folder, in Linux its only one click so you may try it out….
You may also interested to read:
Online banking is quick and easy. This is why it is so well-liked by people all around the world. Online payments can also cause trouble. You should take security measures for online banking. Hackers...
If your keyboard in Windows 11 isn't working, you'll need to diagnose the issue. You won't be able to use your computer correctly if your keyboard stops working. Whether you're playing a...