What should I do if I have a Hard Disk Crash?
I will show you how to retrieve back your Data from a crashed Hard Disk but:
- I won’t guarantee you will succeed.
- I am not responsible if your Hard Disk stopped working and become completely dead.
- If you don’t want to risk, you can search for a good Data recovery specialist to help but normally it will cost you a lot of money.
The bellow steps normally used when someone experienced a Hard Disk crash.
- Don’t try to use the chkdsk command because it might make the situation worse.
- Stop using the Computer immediately.
- Remove the Hard Disk and connect it to another computer (if the infected Hard Disk is a laptop’s one, you can use the USB port to connect it to another PC or laptop).
- Download one of the Files Recovery software which I prefer using Easeus Data Copy software (its FREE of charge and can be downloaded from here)
- Creating a bootable CD/DVD, The Easeus Disk Copy software package contains a so-called ISO image in the file DC2.iso. It can be used to create a bootable Disk Copy 2.3 CD with any operating system using CD writing software of your choice as far as it supports creating CDs from an ISO image.
- Booting from the bootable CD/DVDs, Insert the bootable Easeus Disk Copy CD/DVD into the corresponding drive. Switch on the computer or reboot it. Make sure that the BIOS boots from the respective CD drive.
- A pre-start menu will appear. You have three options: Start Easeus Disk Copy, boot from the hard disk and reboot.
- Select Start Disk Copy and hit enter.
- Once you get into the program, it will take you through the recovery wizard, follow the wizard by selecting the source Disk (the infected one) and the Destination one (the new located Hard Disk) and start copying the files.
Important Note: You may only get one shot to get the data, so you need to be sure of what you are doing and to perform the above steps only from the first trial.
You might also like to read:
Did you like this article? Share it:
- The Power Supply and its problems
What is the Power Supply? It is the metal box...
- Hard Disk Drive important notes..
What is a Hard Disk? A Hard Disk is the...
- How to manage Blue Screen of Death BSoD?
What does Blue Screen of Death mean? Sometimes when you...
- Should I delete, scan or disable Cookies, Cache and Internet temporary files?
What should I do with them? I personally recommend using...
- The Best PC
How can I find the best PC in the market?...
- How to deal with my CPU overheating??
CPU overheating, how to deal with it ? Have you...
- How to backup my files after Windows crash?
Normally we install Microsoft Windows on Drive C, and when...
- Hard Disk Storage size utilization
Why my Hard Disk Storage size shows 74.48 GB while...