Shutdown and Restart icons on your desktop!!
Shutdown and Restart shortcuts !
Did you know that you can create two shortcuts on your desktop for shutdown and restart for quick execution process ?? Many people add those shortcuts on their desktops as they feel its more convenient to shutdown or restart their PCs quickly.
Are those shortcuts applicable for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7?
Yes, you can apply the below steps on whatever Windows version mentioned above you are using.
How can I add Shutdown and Restart shortcut icons on my desktop?
For the Shutdown shortcut icon, follow the below steps:
- Right click on Desktop.
- Select New, then click on Shortcut.
- Type shutdown -s -t 00 in the location field and click Next:
- Type the name of your Shortcut (you can erase the ,exe from the name).
- Click on Finish and the shortcut now is ready.
For the Restart shortcut icon
, it’s the same process only use this code shutdown -r -t 00
You may refer to the below codes for customizable shutdown:
- To force the running applications to shutdown shutdown -f
- To log off the current user shutdown -l
- This one as used to put duration delay before shutdown shutdown -t nn *nn is the time in seconds.
- To display a message in the System Shutdown windows, max 127 characters and must be enclosed in quotation marts shutdown -c “message”
Those can be used also for the restart shortcuts.
How can I change the icon of this shortcut?
You can change the resulted icon to make it more identifiable from the others… follow the below steps:
- Right click on “shutdown.exe” icon.
- Click on Properties.
- Click the Change Icon button.
- If you receive the below message, click on OK.
- Select any Icon you like and click on OK button.
- Now you have the final shutdown shortcut icon.
Did you like this article? Share it:
- Guest User Account – What is it? and How to activate it?
What does Guest User Account mean? A guest user account...
- 10 featured tutorials for better PC practices
10 featured tutorials for better PC practices To ensure better...
- How to Partition the Hard Disk Drive?
What is the Hard Disk Partitioning? The Partitioning is a...
- Windows Service Pack 3 installation – Windows XP
How Many ways to install Windows Service Pack 3? There...
- How to deal with Windows Drivers?
What is a Driver? A Driver is software that installed...
- How to install Microsoft Windows XP?
In this lesson I will show you how to install...
- Latest version of Windows?
What is latest version of Windows? Many people over the...
- How To Install Microsoft Windows 7
Learn how to install Microsoft Windows 7 step by step...