Shutdown and Restart icons on your desktop!!
Shutdown and Restart shortcuts !
Did you know that you can create two shortcuts on your desktop for shutdown and restart for quick execution process ?? Many people add those shortcuts on their desktops as they feel its more convenient to shutdown or restart their PCs quickly.
Are those shortcuts applicable for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7?
Yes, you can apply the below steps on whatever Windows version mentioned above you are using.
How can I add Shutdown and Restart shortcut icons on my desktop?
For the Shutdown shortcut icon, follow the below steps:
- Right click on Desktop.
- Select New, then click on Shortcut.
- Type shutdown -s -t 00 in the location field and click Next:
- Type the name of your Shortcut (you can erase the ,exe from the name).
- Click on Finish and the shortcut now is ready.
For the Restart shortcut icon
, it’s the same process only use this code shutdown -r -t 00
You may refer to the below codes for customizable shutdown:
- To force the running applications to shutdown shutdown -f
- To log off the current user shutdown -l
- This one as used to put duration delay before shutdown shutdown -t nn *nn is the time in seconds.
- To display a message in the System Shutdown windows, max 127 characters and must be enclosed in quotation marts shutdown -c “message”
Those can be used also for the restart shortcuts.
How can I change the icon of this shortcut?
You can change the resulted icon to make it more identifiable from the others… follow the below steps:
- Right click on “shutdown.exe” icon.
- Click on Properties.
- Click the Change Icon button.
- If you receive the below message, click on OK.
- Select any Icon you like and click on OK button.
- Now you have the final shutdown shortcut icon.
Did you like this article? Share it:
- Where is Run on Windows 7?
Where is Run on windows 7? I received a lot...
- 10 featured tutorials for better PC practices
10 featured tutorials for better PC practices To ensure better...
- Guest User Account – What is it? and How to activate it?
What does Guest User Account mean? A guest user account...
- Drivers Backup
Why do I need to backup my Windows drivers? Many...
- What is dll?
What is dll? What is dll? The dll is an...
- How to install Microsoft Windows XP?
In this lesson I will show you how to install...
- How to Partition the Hard Disk Drive?
What is the Hard Disk Partitioning? The Partitioning is a...
- Windows Service Pack 3 (SP3) for Windows XP
What a Windows Service Pack 3 means? A Windows Service...